• You will receive a call from SFUC staff to confirm the date and commitment for surgery.
• Prepare packets of chewing gum for postoperative use.
• You may be reminded to prepare the intestines using 2 Fortrans packets (refer to page 13 for instructions on intestinal preparation).
• You will be reminded to enter the ward at noon.
• You are still allowed to eat lightly up to 6 hours before surgery.
• Continue to drink fluids (with or without sugar) for 2-3 hours before surgery.
• Glucose drinks will be given before midnight and 2-3 hours before surgery.
• Doctors will confirm you the time when you need to start fasting.